Check out this delicious recipe from Charles Poliquin over at Strength Sensei….
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it as hot or mild as you like.
The longer this dish cooks for, the better it will taste. This is one dish that is BETTER the next day!
If you are a cheese lover, feel free to add cheese on top of this beautiful dish when serving!
- 1T coconut oil
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small Zucchini diced
- 2 small yellow squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno – clean seeds
- 2 T cumin
- 1 T chilli powder
- 1/2 t paprika powder
- 2 T tomato paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- In a deep pot on the stove, add the coconut oil, onion, zucchini, sweet potato, and squash. Leave for 10 min on medium heat and mix regularly.
- Add salt/pepper
- Add bison
- Cook until brown
- Add Garlic, Jalapeno, and Chilli, and stir for 2 mins
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and beef broth
- Boil and then simmer for at least 30 minutes
- When serving, top with avocado and walnuts (optional)
If you love melted cheese, mix some in!